How to Get Involved
The ASWCC aims to enhance every student's experience at Whatcom Community College by providing students a means to be represented in college decision making and by fostering communication among all students, faculty, staff and alumni.
If you want more information about Student Council, drop by Syre 208 or come to a Student Council meeting on Thursdays from 1:30-2:30pm in Syre 216.
To join the ASWCC Student Council, students must meet the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a minimum of 8 credit hours per quarter, while maintaining at least a 2.5 G.P.A.
- Executive members must be enrolled in Human Development 105/106 (Leadership Skills I/II)*
- Attain 25 signatures of constituents.**
- Attend weekly meetings on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. in Syre 216
- Have no more than 2 absences per quarter from scheduled meetings or events.
*Those interested in holding an executive position must be a committee member for at least one quarter. For a position in the upcoming school year, students should fill out constituency forms for a spring quarter position.
For general information: (360) 383-3007