Tuition & Fees (2012-2013)
Get an estimate of tuition and other college-related expenses using the Net Price Calculator.
RCW 28B.76.300 directs colleges to provide "state support" information to students which is available at the Washington State Board for Community and Technical College website at the following link: 2012-2013 State Support of Higher Education Students. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Please see Residency Requirements for information about how resident/non-resident classifications are determined and waivers of non-resident tuition differential.
The following rates are effective Fall 2012. Summer 2013 tuition will be the same as 2012-2013 rates.
Resident Tuition (Standard Rates)
- 1 to 10 credits $112.84 per each credit
- Each additional credit over 10 (credits 11-18) is $52.99 per credit
- Each credit from 19 and above is $96.25 per credit
- 1 to 10 credits $284.84 per each credit
- Each additional credit over 10 (credits 11-18) is $58.00 per credit
- Each credit from 19 and above is $268.25 per credit
- International Students should check the International Programs website for additional information on costs and payment.
Tuition for Self-Support Courses & Programs
Some WCC courses are not "state support" and are charged at a non-standard rate set by Whatcom Community College. These courses include:
- All Massage Practitioner program core courses: $155/credit (lab fees are inclusive) for both resident and non-resident students.
- Online Courses (ONL & OL Sections): all credits are charged at $112.84 per credit for resident and non-resident students, except for
- Online Physical Therapist Assistant program credits which are charged at the Resident Tuition (Standard Rates) for resident students, and at the Non-Residential Tuition/International rate for non-resident students (see above)
- Online/hybrid Nursing program courses which are charged at a rate of $1,800.00 per quarter to both resident and non-resident students.
- $16.00 per credit
- Click HERE for more information on Parent Education.
ABE/ESL (below 090) classes
- $25.00 per student per quarter
Some courses require additional fees. Some of these fees are listed below, but use the fee code key to identify those that may apply to certain courses.
Assessment placement testing fee: $20.00
- Study Abroad classes (section SA): $25.00 per credit, in lieu of tuition (the credits for these classes are not included when calculating per credit tuition costs in the sample calculations above).
Science classes: tuition, plus an additional $30 per class.
Other classes (ceramics, printmaking, etc.) or programs (Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, etc.) may have additional fees for consumable supplies. Please see individual program web pages or contact the departments or programs for further information on additional fees.
Late enrollment fee: $50.00 per student.
Selective entry programs: A $25 to $50 non-refundable application fee is required when applying to the Massage Practitioner, Medical Assisting, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Visual Communications programs. See individual program web pages for details.
Partial tuition waivers are available for the following qualified student categories:
Seniors – To qualify you must be 60+ years of age and meet the Washington State residency requirements. You can take two classes per quarter using the Senior Waiver. Classes are $5 per quarter when you use the waiver. You will not receive academic credit for classes paid for with the waiver. You can register for classes starting the first day of the quarter on a space available basis (you can not register for classes that are full or have a waitlist.) APPLY ONLINE to get a student number which you will need at the time of registration.
- Washington State employees - You can register for classes between the third and fifth day of the quarter on a space available basis (you can not register for classes that are full or have a waitlist.) APPLY ONLINE to get a student number which you will need at the time of registration. State Employee Waiver Application
Non-residents with Refugee/Asylee immigration status - no application required - eligibility determined at time of admission
Certain children/spouses of eligible veterans/national guard members who, while engaged in active federal military/naval service, became disabled, deceased, or were declared POW/MIA by the federal government.Veteran's Child/Spouse Waiver application
Certain non-residents who are US citizens or have Permanent Resident immigration status and meet additional eligibility criteria*Residence Checklist/Application for Non-Resident Waiver
Payment of Tuition
Tuition is due approximately three weeks before each quarter begins. Please refer to the Registration Calendar for specific dates. Students unable to make payment by the due date will be dropped from unpaid classes. After that date, all tuition/fees are due by Monday at the close of business (Close of business is defined as 5:00 p.m. for in-person transactions; 9:30 p.m. for web credit/debit card transactions) for the previous calendar week's (Monday - Sunday) registrations (both in-person and via the web). Beginning Monday of the calendar week the quarter starts, all tuition/fees are due daily by close of business. Students who do not meet these payment deadlines will be administratively withdrawn from some or all of their classes. VISA/MasterCard accepted.
Pay Your Tuition/Fees Online
You may pay for tuition and fees with your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card number over the Web. Go to My OASIS now!
Pursuant to state law (RCW 28B.10.293 and RCW 19.16.500) any debts to the college will be increased by costs and expenses incurred in the collection of such debts.
Refunds of Tuition
Through the 5th instructional day of the quarter, students who officially withdraw receive a 100% refund. After the 5th instructional day and through the 20th calendar day of the quarter, students who officially withdraw receive a 40% refund. Refund dates for classes with non-standard start/end dates may be prorated based on the length of the class. Students who stop attending without officially withdrawing will forfeit all claims to credits in classes and refund of tuition and fees. Refer to the Registration Calendar for specific dates each quarter. Information about exceptions to the college's refund policy, based on medical emergencies or call to active military duty, can be found in the 2010-12 catalog.
Contact email@example.com for more information about tuition rates and available waiver programs.
For Further Financial Literacy information click the link below.