All students who have not completed college level math and English courses must take reading, writing (sentence skills), and math placement tests* to provide information for appropriate course selection. Non-native English speakers pursuing a degree or certificate may benefit from taking the English as a Second Language - Academic (ESLA) placement tests.
Placement testing is available by appointment for new students and students needing to take more than one test. To schedule your testing appointment, contact the Entry & Advising Center at 360.383.3080 or the Testing Center at 360.383.3052. Prospective Running Start students should contact the Running Start Office at 360.383.3123 or email@example.com for a testing appointment. ESLA and Individual placement tests (e.g. Math only) are available on a limited drop-in basis in the Norma Stevens Testing Center.
- A one-time $20 placement testing fee must be paid prior to testing at the Cashier's window (Laidlaw Center, 1ST floor).
- Testing fee forms are available in the Entry & Advising Center (Laidlaw Center, Rm 116) and the Testing Center (Laidlaw Center, Rm 133).
- Photo ID is required for all testing. No exceptions.
- Calculators are not permitted for the Math placement test.
Study Guides and Tools
- WCC Math Placement Test
- WCC Online Math Center
- Accuplacer Placement Test (English and Reading)
- WCC English Department Composition webpage
*WCC accepts official Asset, Compass, and Accuplacer scores from other colleges for English and reading only. Math assessments must be taken at WCC. Beginning Fall 2013, WCC will honor Math and English placements from other Washington State community and technical colleges for up to one year from the date of testing. A Placement Reciprocity Form, along with official transcripts and/or placement results, must be submitted to the Placement Testing Coordinator to request placement.