Are you new to the Whatcom Community College family? Maybe you’ve earned a few college credits and now you’ll complete a certificate or degree? Great – we look forward to learning from you as your knowledge and experiences enhance our campus community.
Whatcom Community College welcomes future students who are at least 18 years of age or who have graduated from high school or earned a GED certificate. Current high school students are encouraged to contact the Running Start Program to learn more about their options at Whatcom.
- Applications received by the priority deadline receive priority registration access times.
- Applications received after the priority deadline register without a registration access time during the General Registration.
Steps to Enroll
Apply or Reapply
We're excited to get to know you. Apply or reapply online or in-person at the Registration Office, 237 Kellogg Rd. in Laidlaw Center 102.
- Online. Complete the application.
- In-Person. Download the paper application here or visit us in the Registration Office.
- If you've been away from Whatcom for less than one year, email or call us to reactivate your account.
- If you've been away for more than one year, please complete a new application.
- Complete a Whatcom Community College application.
- Students who plan to graduate with a degree or certificate should have official transcripts from previous institutions sent to Whatcom's Registration Office for evaluation.
- Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form.
- Students who have not previously completed college-level Math and English need to make a placement test appointment as soon as possible. A one-time $20 placement testing fee is due prior to testing. Contact Entry & Advising at 360.383.3080.
- ESLA and Individual placement tests (e.g. Math only) are available on a limited drop-in basis in the Testing Center. Contact the Testing Center at 360.383.3052.
Whatcom provides a variety of advising services to new and currently enrolled students, including
- drop-in and appointments
- registration and academic support
- financial aid advising
- university transfer planning
- professional/technical programs advising
- personal counseling
- internships and career services
- learning contracts
- disability support services
- Register for New Student Orientation.
Registration & Records
237 West Kellogg Road, LDC 102
Bellingham, WA 98226
Janis Velasquez Farmer